Trim Size 5. A Man Booker Prize long-listed novel about violence, love, and religion in modern India.
Sleeping on Jupiter by Anuradha Roy, Paperback | Barnes & Noble®
About the Author. She lives in Ranikhet, India. The novel's examination of violence, sexism, and spirituality is powerful. Featured Titles.
Sleeping on Jupiter by Anuradha Roy
I Am Not Sidney Poitier. Song of the Shank.
- Mate: Become the Man Women Want.
- Working for Full Employment;
- Sleeping on Jupiter | The Booker Prizes.
- ‘An unsettling and occasionally upsetting read’ – Sleeping on Jupiter by Anuradha Roy – Bookmunch.
- Algebra: Monomials and Polynomials;
- KIRKUS REVIEW?
How are the lives of Nomi and Gouri deepened by their respective memories? Which character in the novel focuses repeatedly on the positive aspects of forgetting? Can you name three instances in which water plays a key role in the narrative? What does this imagery evoke for Nomi as it occurs at different points in her life?
Do you think one of these personas is real, and one is artificial? Are there any characters in the book who are not hiding anything? Religion, faith, and devotion play a major role in Sleeping on Jupiter.
- Review: 'Sleeping on Jupiter,' by Anuradha Roy - olagynulehyb.gq.
- Intelligent Network Integration of Distributed Renewable Generation;
- Share your thoughts and debate the big issues.
What role does religion have in the lives of the three friends on vacation? What are the points in the novel where faith and devotion occur entirely outside a religious context? The title comes from a passage in which Badal fantasizes about escaping to a distant planet — Is this fantasy hopeful or devastating? On the contrary, this evocative tale can, at times, be hard to read as it addresses tough subjects such as war, violence, abuse, and child molestation.
‘An unsettling and occasionally upsetting read’ – Sleeping on Jupiter by Anuradha Roy
With an unflinching eye, Roy crafts her story with elegance and dexterity, and guides the reader past the gilded beauty of the seaside town of Jarmuli. She asks the reader to look hard and closely at those issues the city would rather cover up and forget. Because of all this, Sleeping on Jupiter is not just an important read, but an essential one. Support the Independent by purchasing this title via our affliate links: Amazon.
- Endocrinology of Pregnancy.
- The Vegetation of Egypt.
- People who bought this also bought....
- Your audiobook is waiting….
- Oracle Database 11g The Complete Reference.
- Sleeping on Jupiter: A Novel Summary & Study Guide.
Book Review in Fiction More. Book Review in Fiction.
Like what we do?