About our research Faculty and researchers Centres of competence Library Research and outreach initiatives Research directory Publications Research stories. Public events Research events Executive training Student and alumni events Events for prospective students Academic calendar. Event highlights Subscribe to our events list. Opinion Research news hertielove Live on campus Student and alumni views In the media Latest news and press releases.
Explore our stories by theme Subscribe to our newsletter Podcast About this section.
EU Commission: France and Germany differ on Brussels' top job - BBC News
Germany’s (and Europe’s) future in their hands
No longer hemmed in by aides, Trump has bent the presidency into the mold of his Trump Organization setup — with him at the center. Recently fired U. Confidants say the U. The agency filed a lawsuit on Tuesday alleging Snowden violated a nondisclosure agreement he signed while working with the government.
What Germany should do about Europe
In a series of tweets, the US president indicates Iran is behind recent attack on Saudi oil facilities. VIP pins, Scottish shortbread and plush surroundings greet officers who choose Trump Turnberry for their layovers.
- future of Europe – TEPSA;
- Bloomberg - Are you a robot?.
- Blood Expiation in Hittite and Biblical Ritual?
- Share this Story.
- The Migration Crisis and the Future of Europe.
- On the Wild Side?
Around the world, millions of smokers are turning to vaping and other potentially reduced-risk alternatives to smoking. In this dynamic, fast-evolving space, new technologies and products frequently ….
- Germany. The reluctant leader - GPLUS;
- Adele. Soulful Singer!
- Tales of Mystery and Imagination?
- The future of Europe is Dutch — Institute of Economic Affairs.
- Heart of darkness & The secret sharer: notes.
- Healthy Longevity in China: Demographic, Socioeconomic, and Psychological Dimensions.
President Donald Trump. While leadership contests are common in many countries, in Germany, party mandarins typically decide such matters behind closed doors and then present their choice to the rank-and-file for a rubber stamp.
Open contests for top leadership posts are so extraordinary that Germans refer to them in martial terms — Kampfkandidatur , a word that conjures images of battle. Another factor generating buzz is that delegates not only have a choice of personality, but of direction. The two have starkly different visions, styles and priorities. His goal: To cut in half support for the far-right Alternative for Germany AfD party, which has sucked away many former conservative voters and now polls at about 15 percent.
The third candidate in the running, Health Minister Jens Spahn , is generally seen as too young at 38 and is not expected to get past the first round of voting.
What visions do young people of today have for a future Europe?
Though she has said she would be willing to work with Merz and wants to remain chancellor until the end of the current legislative period in the fall of , that may not be realistic. She and Merz, whom she outmaneuvered for the party leadership a generation ago, have a difficult history. Whether Merz, 63, would be willing put his chancellor aspirations on hold until the next general election, due in , and whether Merkel would want to ride out her long chancellorship with him looking over her shoulder are questions that have yet to be answered.
- Building Websites with the ASP.NET Community Starter Kit: A comprehensive guide to understanding, implementing, and extending the powerful and freely available application from Microsoft.!
- Model and Data Engineering: 5th International Conference, MEDI 2015, Rhodes, Greece, September 26-28, 2015, Proceedings.
- Ruling Ireland, 1685-1742: Politics, Politicians and Parties (Irish Historical Monographs).
- Careers for introverts and other solitary types;