Share Give access Share full text access. Share full text access.
Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Conclusions Parents act together and with others relative to the transition to adulthood of their young adult children with IDD. Citing Literature. Related Information.
Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure. Email or Customer ID.
- Childrens Exodus: A History of the Kindertransport.
- Frommers Cape Cod, Nantucket & Marthas Vineyard 2008 (Frommers Complete).
- Teachings of Queen Kunti.
Forgot password? Old Password. New Password. Password Changed Successfully Your password has been changed. Returning user.
Transition To Adulthood Action Projects And Counseling
Request Username Can't sign in? Forgot your username?
However, the counseling literature has not provided a conceptualization of, or research on, the joint, goal-directed actions and projects of the counselor and the client, which explicitly reflect the goal-directed nature of the transition itself. To address this issue, 12 counseling dyads, representing 37 counseling sessions, were studied.
MDHHS - Transition to Adulthood
In these dyads, counseling was observed as the joint, goal-directed action between professional counselors and youth who sought assistance with their transition to adulthood. The data were collected using the action-project method. The counseling sessions were video-recorded, then immediately played back for the counselor and client separately to gather their recalled thoughts and feeling during counseling. These projects contributed to the reframing and reorganization of clients' transition projects outside of counseling in occupational, educational, and familial domains.
The findings suggest important implications for counseling youth in transition, that is, counselors and clients explicitly address their joint relationship and identity goals in an effort to realize a mutually satisfactory and important transition to adulthood. Authors Close.
Assign yourself or invite other person as author. It allow to create list of users contirbution.
Transition Tools for Youth, their Families, and Health Care Professionals
Assignment does not change access privileges to resource content. Wrong email address. You're going to remove this assignment. Are you sure? Yes No. Additional information Publication languages: English.
- Transition to Adulthood: Action, Projects, and Counseling.
- Young Adults’ Experiences of Depression in the U.S..
- Mate: Become the Man Women Want.
- For Families.
- User assignment?
Data set: Elsevier. Publisher Elsevier Science. Fields of science No field of science has been suggested yet. You have to log in to notify your friend by e-mail Login or register account. Download to disc.
- Impulse-Regime Analysis of Novel Optically-Inspired Phenomena at Microwaves.
- Inscriptions from Palaestina Tertia. Vol Ia. The Greek Inscriptions from Ghor es-Safi (Byzantine Zoora).
- The Phoenix Generation: A New Era of Connection, Compassion, and Consciousness.
- Second Treatise of Government!
- Recommendation of the Committee of Ministers on young refugees in the transition to adulthood;
- INFONA - science communication portal.
- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance?
High contrast On Off.