How Indians Use Wild Plants for Food, Medicine & Crafts - Frances Densmore - Google книги
Verified purchase: Yes Condition: Pre-owned. Skip to main content.
About this product. Stock photo. Brand new: lowest price The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging where packaging is applicable. Format: Paperback Condition: New! Other notes. See details.
- U.S. Forest Service Site Menu!
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - The University of Texas at Austin.
- Medicinal Prairie Plants — Stone Circle Farm & Learning Center.
- Teaching Young Children Social Studies.
- Medicinal Prairie Plants;
See all 5 brand new listings. Buy It Now. Add to cart. About this product Product Information A renowned ethnologist with the Smithsonian Institution offers a fascinating wealth of material on nearly plants that were used by the Chippewas of Minnesota and Wisconsin. The volume provides an emphasis on wild plants and their lesser-known uses. Additional Product Features Dewey Edition.
Follow the Author
Show More Show Less. Add to Cart. Any Condition Any Condition. See all Compare similar products. You Are Viewing. Trending Price New. People who bought this also bought. Nonfiction Books. Poser une question au libraire.
Cite this Record
Emphasis on wild plants and lesser-known uses. Full description. All books are shipped in New condition promptly, we are happy to accept returns up to 30 days from purchase.
- Biological Threats and Terrorism: Assessing the Science and Response Capabilities, Workshop Summary;
- Blood on the Desert.
- Perpetration-Induced Traumatic Stress: The Psychological Consequences of Killing (Psychological Dimensions to War and Peace)?
- How Indians use wild plants for food, medicine, and crafts in SearchWorks catalog.
- How Indians Use Wild Plants for Food, Medicine and Crafts;
- The Political Economy of European Union Competition Policy: A Case Study of the Telecommunications Industry.
- Essence of Hinduism.
Orders usually ship within business days. We are happy to accept returns up to 30 days from purchase.
How Indians Use Wild Plants for Food, Medicine & Crafts
Please contact the seller directly if you wish to return an order. Afficher le catalogue du vendeur. Neuf s Etat : New Couverture souple. A propos de cet article Language: English. Brand new Book. In this book those traditions are captured, providing a wealth of new material for those interested in natural food, natural cures, and native crafts. In separate sections describing the major areas of use, Miss Densmore, an ethnologist with the Smithsonian Institution, details the uses of nearly plants with emphasis on wild plants and lesser-known uses.
For those interested in natural foods she gives extensive coverage to the gathering and preparation of maple sugar and wild rice, as well as preparations for beverages from leaves and twigs of common plants, seasonings including mint and bearberry, the methods of preparing wild rice and corn, cultivated and wild vegetables, and wild fruits and berries. On Indian medicines she tells the basic methods of gathering plants and the basic surgical and medical methods.
Then she gives a complete list of the plants with their botanical names, uses, parts used, preparation and administration, and other notes and references. Also covered are plants used as charms, plants used in natural dyes, and plants in the useful and decorative arts including uses for household items, toys, mats, twine, baskets, bows, and tools, with special emphasis on the uses of birch bark and cedar.